Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
WAJ Presents: Michael Sprague and Tom Loveless of Kia Motors America with the 2011 Optima Hybrid, Wednesday, June 8
Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
South San Francisco, CA
The Western Automotive Journalists present:
Michael Sprague and Tom Loveless of Kia Motors America
Join us for an update from Kia and a look at the all new 2011 Optima Hybrid, Kia's first hybrid in the U.S.
Don’t miss your chance to be one of the first journalists in the Bay Area to drive the all-new 2011 Optima Hybrid, Kia’s first hybrid in the U.S. Also, experience demonstrations of UVO powered by Microsoft (short for Your Voice) -- Kia’s new-to-market in-car infotainment and voice recognition system.
Michael Sprague Tom Loveless
Michael Sprague will give a brand update, discuss the company's complete design-led transformation and give a sneak preview of future marketing plans. Tom Loveless will discuss sales achievements, including the brand's tremendous recent sales records.
The 2011 Optima Hybrid
- Kia's design direction has been getting notice for the brand for the first time. Kia hired Peter Schreyer, designer of the Audi TT, to give the company’s cars a classy, desirable Germanic touch.
- Kia sales are up more than 40% for the year in a market that's up 20%.
- In the June issue of Consumer Reports, the Kia Optima edged out the Honda Accord in a head-to-head road test.
The 2011 Optima Hybrid
Michael Sprague, VP marketing & communications, joined KMA in August 2008. Sprague directs and manages all aspects of
the marketing department including brand marketing, advertising, retail
marketing, sponsorships, CRM, product planning and public relations.
Tom Loveless, VP, sales, is responsible for all retail and fleet sales operations, as well as all distribution and logistics. Since Loveless joined KMA in June, 2007, the Kia brand has seen consistent growth, setting market share records every year.
Location and Schedule
The event takes place at our usual venue, the Basque Cultural Center in South San Francisco. The evening's event schedule:
- 5 p.m. – Optima Hybrid drives
- 6 p.m. – Reception
- 6:30 p.m. – Dinner
- Approximately 7:30 p.m. – 20 to 30 minute presentation followed by Q&A
Advance ticket for the event is $32 for members, $35 for non-members
At the door is $35 for members, $38 for non-members.
- Osso Bucco (please add $1 for this selection)
- ½ Roast Chicken
- Fish of the Day
- Penne Pasta Basque (vegetarian)
Space will be limited—we’re using the smaller room—so be sure to sign up now. If you plan to pay at the door, remember you will need to register for the event here in order to reserve your meal choice.